[FieldTrip] relative power estimation

Marta Andujar marta.andujar at uniroma1.it
Mon Sep 14 17:02:42 CEST 2020

Hi  Stephen,
thank you for the quick reply, having a data structure which is baseline
corrected is exactly what I want.
The other question concerns the frequency-band specific
baseline-correction. As a first step I computed TFR representation of the
entire frequency spectrum (i.e. from 8 HZ to 180 HZ), since I am interested
in inspecting the data in this spectrum (In this case applying the
baseline-correction just before plotting is ok). From this data structure
I subsequently extract different frequency-bands by cutting the data
(TFRwavedata) at different frequencies (e.g 12 Hz, 30 Hz and so on) in
order to obtain four different matrices of interest each one representing a
band-specific power spectrum. Finally, I average the power over the
frequencies of each band in order to obtain the estimation of the power in
that band. In the latter case, according to my understanding, I should
apply the baseline-correction after computing the average power of each
frequency-band, so that the relative "band specific power" in each time bin
is the ratio between the power averaged over all the frequencies belonging
to that band and the power averaged over all the same frequencies in the
baseline period. I would like to know if the procedure is correct and how
to implement it in fieldtrip. I am going to check ft_freqbaseline as you
kindly suggested me.
Thank for the help
Best
Marta