[FieldTrip] relative power estimation

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:25:00 CEST 2020

Hi Marta,

Thanks for the clarification. ft_freqbaseline is what you are looking for
then.
Unless I am missing something, averaging then baseline correction should be
(mathematically) equivalent to the other way around, but if it was me I
would just compare them once to ease my mind :-)

It behooves me to mention the alternative, namely using slepian tapers
(tapers = 'dpss') in freqanalysis to extract a more clearly defined
frequency smoothing around the frequency bands of interest, i.e. specifying
center frequency and frequency-smoothing.

cfg.taper       = 'dpss';         % Multitapers based on Slepian sequences
cfg.tapsmofrq   = 2;              % Smoothing +/- 2 Hz
cfg.foi         = 10;

The frequency analysis tutorials on the wiki page go into some depth on
this topic - as well as how to do baseline correction -, as well as most if
not all of the FieldTrip youtube videos, which are very consistent and very
good.

Happy fieldtripping,
Stephen

Op ma 14 sep. 2020 om 17:03 schreef Marta Andujar <marta.andujar at uniroma1.it