[FieldTrip] problem with ft_volumerealign and ft_convert_coordsys

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jan 22 16:30:12 CET 2014

Hi Sara,

> I have downloaded the 20140114 version of Fieldtrip and tried again to
> use the command ft_volumerealign in the following way (as suggested in
> the tutorials)
>
> mri =  ft_read_mri('*....\Subject01.mri');
> cfg=[];
> cfg.method = 'interactive';
> mri_realigned = ft_volumerealign(cfg, mri);
>
> Then I identify it by pressing either n/l/r for fiducials and finally
> I press q in order to quit. But no results appear on my screen.
> Any suggestion to solve this?

I don't understand what you mean by 'no results appear on my screen'. Does this mean that mri_realigned is not created?

> I have tried to use also the following command
>   [mri] = ft_convert_coordsys(mri, 'itab');
>
> but I get the error message
>  [mri] = ft_convert_coordsys(mri, 'itab');
> ??? Error using ==> ft_convert_coordsys at 102
> conversion from ctf to itab is not yet supported
>
> In order to better understand the problem, I have tried to perform a different transformation with the code
>
> [mri] = ft_convert_coordsys(mri, 'spm', 2)
> and I get the following message
>
> Converting the coordinate system from ctf to spm
> ??? Undefined function or method 'spm' for input arguments of type 'char'.

You have to have spm on your path in order to get this. try ft_hastoolbox('spm',1) and try again.

> Error in ==> align_ctf2spm at 121
>  switch spm('ver')
>
> Error in ==> ft_convert_coordsys at 90
>            obj = align_ctf2spm(obj, opt);
>
> Finally I tried to use the function align_itab2spm in the following way
> mri = align_itab2spm(mri, 2)
> but I get the error message
>
> ??? Undefined function or method 'spm' for input arguments of type 'char'.
>
> Error in ==> align_itab2spm at 108
>  switch spm('ver')

See above.

> Do you have any idea or suggestion to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice,
> Sara
>
> -------------------------
> Dott.ssa Sara Rombetto
> Istituto di Cibernetica
> "E. Caianiello"
> Via Campi Flegrei, 34
> 80078 Pozzuoli (NA)
> Italy
> mob +39 3401689815
> tel +39 0818675361
> fax +39 0818675128
> "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say
> it." [Evelyn Beatrice Hall, The Friends Of Voltaire]

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl