[FieldTrip] problem with ft_volumerealign and ft_convert_coordsys

s.rombetto at cib.na.cnr.it s.rombetto at cib.na.cnr.it
Wed Jan 22 16:18:46 CET 2014

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I have downloaded the 20140114 version of Fieldtrip and tried again to
use the command ft_volumerealign in the following way (as suggested in
the tutorials)

mri =  ft_read_mri('*....\Subject01.mri');
cfg=[];
cfg.method = 'interactive';
mri_realigned = ft_volumerealign(cfg, mri);

Then I identify it by pressing either n/l/r for fiducials and finally
I press q in order to quit. But no results appear on my screen.
Any suggestion to solve this?

I have tried to use also the following command
    [mri] = ft_convert_coordsys(mri, 'itab');

but I get the error message
   [mri] = ft_convert_coordsys(mri, 'itab');
??? Error using ==> ft_convert_coordsys at 102
conversion from ctf to itab is not yet supported

In order to better understand the problem, I have tried to perform a
different transformation with the code

[mri] = ft_convert_coordsys(mri, 'spm', 2)
and I get the following message

Converting the coordinate system from ctf to spm
??? Undefined function or method 'spm' for input arguments of type 'char'.

Error in ==> align_ctf2spm at 121
   switch spm('ver')

Error in ==> ft_convert_coordsys at 90
             obj = align_ctf2spm(obj, opt);

Finally I tried to use the function align_itab2spm in the following way
mri = align_itab2spm(mri, 2)
but I get the error message

??? Undefined function or method 'spm' for input arguments of type 'char'.

Error in ==> align_itab2spm at 108
   switch spm('ver')

Do you have any idea or suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Sara

-------------------------
  Dott.ssa Sara Rombetto
  Istituto di Cibernetica
  "E. Caianiello"
  Via Campi Flegrei, 34
  80078 Pozzuoli (NA)
  Italy
  mob +39 3401689815
  tel +39 0818675361
  fax +39 0818675128
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say
it." [Evelyn Beatrice Hall, The Friends Of Voltaire]