[FieldTrip] Regarding conversion of a .ced file into a file format that works with FieldTrip

Konstantinos Tsilimparis konstantinos.tsilimparis at outlook.com
Sat Jul 13 18:42:25 CEST 2024

Dear Alex,
I believe that .ced files are not supported in FieldTrip, so you will need to import them manually.
You can find more information on how sensor structures work in FieldTrip by looking into the functions ft_datatype_sens and ft_read_sens.
For example:
% Create a sens structure
elec = [];
elec.label = EEG.labels; % As specified in the .ced file
elec.elecpos = [[EEG.X] [EEG.Y] [EEG.Z]]; % As specified in the .ced file
elec.chanpos = elec.elecpos;
elec.unit = 'cm'; % Depending on the units in your .ced file
elec.chantype = 'eeg'; % Specify 'eeg' for each EEG channel
You can then add this sensor structure to your data structure and create a topoplot. The data structure should contain the fields: label, time, elec, avg, var, dof, dimord.
Note that ft_topoplotER requires a 2D layout to plot the results, and I am unsure if this is automatically created from your elec structure.

Best regards,
Konstantinos Tsilimparis