[FieldTrip] networkanalysis_eeg Tutorial

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jan 26 16:53:04 CET 2022

Hi Julio,

Given the lack of responses so far, it seems that nobody has had problems with the tutorial.

Note that the tutorial has been written given a certain state of the toolbox, and that the tutorial documentation are not regularly updated. At least: the tutorials that we do not regularly use for our own teaching might become a bit stale. For instance, if the code evolves, the figures, or required cfg arguments might need some adjustment on the tutorial page as well to guarantee that the figures kind of keep being matched with freshly generated results.

The networkanalysis_eeg tutorial is not a tutorial that is often used by power users it seems (or at least by people who feel inclined to fix things, or raise issues like you are doing right now), so hence your issue has gone unnoticed so far. It takes a lot of time to keep all documentation up-to-date, and time is a limited resource. So any help is greatly appreciated.

What I notice from the tutorial, is that some code seems to be missing for the generation of figure(8). Particularly, what is missing is the interpolation step, followed by the parcellation step. Those steps were outlined in more detail a bit higher in the tutorial, when the ’nai’ was visualized.
I think that if you add a few analysis steps to the source_ratio variable, that you will be able to create the figure.

Please feel free to update the tutorial page as well with the added code, so that your future self (or anybody else) does not run into this anymore in the future.

Best wishes and happy computing,

Jan-Mathijs