[FieldTrip] averaging PLV connectivity across tapers at source level

Wen Wen wenw2011 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:49:35 CET 2022

Dear Fieldtrip community,
Following the tutorial Whole brain connectivity and network analysis -
FieldTrip toolbox
<https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/networkanalysis/#connectivity-analysis-and-parcellation>,
I calculated PLV connectivity at the source level from
ft_connectivityanalysis. The dimord of  'plvspctrm' is 'pos_pos_freq'.
Based on the previous discussion here [FieldTrip] Question about Phase
locking value (ru.nl)
<https://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2018-February/037885.html>,
I understood that the 'pos' dimension of 'plvspctrm'  is the repetition of
tapers multiplied by the number of dipoles.  In my case, there are 188
tapers and 240 dipoles (a coarse resolution), resulting in a connectivity
matrix of 45120*45120.

I'd like to reshape the plvspctrm matrix and average across repetition of
taper to obtain a connectivity matrix of ndipole*ndipole. However, I'm not
sure how the 'pos' dimension is composed of 'rpttap' and 'ndipole'.
Explanations are highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Wen

[image: image.png]