[FieldTrip] Fwd: ft_sourceplot stubbornly projects rays beyond the head

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Fri Jan 15 14:04:04 CET 2021

Hi and thanks for your suggestions. I'm using mesh based source model prepared with FreeSurfer and downsampled with HCP-workbench. I'm nearly sure that the sources are reconstructed correctly, as they nicely match with Curry results.

The reason I use ft_sourceinterpolate is (if I understand this correctly) to perform group analysis. So I wanted to interpolate sources onto MRI volume and then warp them to a MNI template. After some more investigation I found that my problem is not located in ft_sourceplot, but these strange 'rays' are produced already by ft_sourceinterpolate. I can see high power values outside the brain volume when examining SourceInt.pow variable.

Maybe I'm doing the interpolation wrong, but I couldn't find any appropriate information about required masking in tutorials... If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate..

All the best,
Mirek

cfg            = [];
cfg.parameter  = 'pow';
sourceInt      = ft_sourceinterpolate(cfg, source , mri_itab_rars);

cfg              = [];
cfg.method       = 'ortho';
cfg.funparameter = 'pow';
ft_sourceplnt(cfg, sourceInt, mri_itab_rars);

--
Mirek Wyczesany
Psychophysiology Lab