[FieldTrip] Spike time cross correlation analysis

Dymphie Gertmar Suchanek dymphie.suchanek at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 01:59:21 CET 2021

Hi,

I'm new at using FieldTrip and I would like to implement the
cross-correlation analysis between spike trains and in particular the
shift predictor ability. I have tried to program this myself but I'm
unsure if it is correct and thus I would like to use your functions to
check my own programing.

I start out by reading through your 'Preprocessing and analysis of spike
train data' page and I'm starting with reading the spike data into
Matlab using ft_read_spike. My data are the results of the spike sorter
WaveClus and by placing each spike sorted channel result (aka a *.mat
file) into the mentioned function I obtain a similar result as described
for the *.nex data format. My first question is as follows, since each
of my 32 channels has it's own *.mat spike times file, how can I get all
32 channels into my 'spike' variable for further analysis?

Next, I need to make my trials of which I have 200. I need to implement
ft_read_event first however my data only consists of the event triggers
as times in seconds, how do I best construct an event structure
containing the 6 required fields? At the moment I assume I only have the
timestamp data.

Dymphie

--
Dymphie Suchanek            Phone:(307) 761-0818
1501 Huron Ct               Email: dymphie.suchanek at gmail.com
Northfield, MN 55057