[FieldTrip] EEG connectivity analysis - error with ft_sourceparcellate in whole brain connectivity tutorial

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 15 07:48:27 CEST 2020

Hi Rebecca,

The atlas needs to be represented as a proper atlas, also known as a ‘parcellation’. Unless you know what you’re doing, this can only be achieved if the specified atlas is either in a well defined mat-file, or if the atlas is created (i.e. read from file + some additional wizardry applied to those data) by ft_read_atlas. I suspect that you did not do atlas = ft_read_atlas(‘AllAreas_v17_MPM.mat’); in order to create the atlas variable.

Also, note that ft_sourceparcellate will try and make the parcellation according to the information in the named <cfg.parcellation> field. After calling ft_read_atlas for the AllAreas_v17_MPM file, this parcellation is defined in the (confusingly) ’tissue’ field, so cfg.parcellation should be ’tissue’.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs