[FieldTrip] Time-resolved connectivity in source space with narrow time window of interest

Paul Dhami pdhami06 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:45:52 CEST 2020

Dear FieldTrip community,

I have an ERP dataset with approximately 100 trials, with data epoched 1
second before and 1 second after an event at time 0.

In sensor-space, I conducted a time-frequency analysis using the entire 2
second window across all trials, with frequencies of interest being 4:45 Hz.

I then used ft_connectivityanalysis to measure the wPLI between F5 and all
other 59 electrodes.

However, my time window of interest in connectivity is shortly after the
event, specifically from 20 to 80 ms. I conducted a paired sample t-test (I
have data from participants before and after an intervention) across
chan-frequency-time dimensions (in each canonical frequency band
separately, in the time window of 20 - 80 ms). After correcting for
multiple comparisons using the cluster correction method, I have an effect
in the alpha band (9 - 12 Hz).

At this point, I would like to know the source-level connectivity
information underlying this significant finding. My question is, how can I
go about getting the wPLI information at the source level. Can it be done
with such a narrow time band of interest? Is what I'm hoping to do (or even
have done so far) even appropriate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Paul