[FieldTrip] Source localization statistics for specific ROI using atlas

Adi Kilim adikilim1 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:51:22 CEST 2020

Dear community,

I am doing a source analysis on MEG data; I used the LCMV beamformer
to localize on time-locked data, and want to contrast two conditions: faces
and vehicles in tempo-occipital regions. I used AAL atlas to do that. The
code is running however when I'm looking at the stat struct all the voxel
are include inside the analysis and thus the clusters are across different
brain regions. I've searched around the tutorial web pages and the mailing
list archive,
and didn't find explanation for this or similar problem in fieldtrip
similar versions (I'm using fieldtrip-20200409). This is my code: ------- aal
= ft_read_atlas('ROI_MNI_V4.nii');

cfgStat = [];

%
cfgStat.atlas        =  aal;
cfgStat.roi          = {'Temporal_Mid_L'}; %Example ROI
cfgStat.avgoverroi   = 'yes'; cfgStat.hemisphere   = 'left';
cfgStat.inputcoord   = 'mni' ;

cfgStat.avgovertime     = 'yes'; %'no'
cfgStat.parameter        ='avg.pow';
cfgStat.method           = 'montecarlo';
cfgStat.statistic        = 'depsamplesT'; cfgStat.correctm         =
'cluster';
cfgStat.clusteralpha     = 0.05;
cfgStat.clusterstatistic = 'maxsum';
cfgStat.minnbchan        = 2;
cfgStat.tail             = 0;
cfgStat.clustertail      = 0;
cfgStat.alpha            = 0.05;
cfgStat.numrandomization = 1000;
cfgStat.neighbours       = neighbours;
cfgStat.design           = designMat;

[stat_mainCond_spcTime] = ft_sourcestatistics(cfgStat,
cond1_allSub{:},cond2_allSub{:});
-------
Any ideas on how to solve this atlas source statistics problem (performing
statistics on specific ROI and identify the cluster) would be greatly
appreciated!
Thanks, Adi