[FieldTrip] Potential bug using ft_dipolefitting with fieldtrip-20200623

Martin Schaefer martin.schaefer at ki.se
Wed Jul 1 13:35:08 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I ran into the following error message when calling the ft_dipolefitting function on my data:

Error using reshape
Number of elements must not change. Use [] as one of the size inputs to automatically calculate the appropriate size for that dimension.

Error in ft_dipolefitting (line 444)
      dip.pos = reshape(dip.pos,3,cfg.numdipoles)';     % convert to a Nx3 array

Error in dipole_fitting (line 152)
dipole_eeg_late = ft_dipolefitting(cfg, timelockeds{4});

My cfg commands:
cfg = [];
cfg.gridsearch         = 'yes';
cfg.numdipoles      = 1;
cfg.symmetry         = [];
cfg.grid                    = leadfield_eeg;
cfg.headmodel      = headmodel_eeg;
cfg.dipfit.metric    = 'rv';
cfg.model               = 'regional';
cfg.senstype          = 'eeg';
cfg.channel           = 'all';
cfg.nonlinear        = 'yes';
cfg.latency             = early_latency;
cfg.backproject     = 'yes';

dipole_eeg_early = ft_dipolefitting(cfg, timelockeds{4});

However, the code runs fine on an older version of fieldtrip (the one used during the last online fieldtrip workshop, I think it is from 16-04-2020).

So I'm not sure whether there is a bug in one of the versions or something else is wrong.
Does anyone else have issues with this?

Best regards,
Martin

Martin Schaefer | PhD Student

https://www.perceptionlab.se/

Department of Clinical Neuroscience (CNS), K8

Karolinska Institutet | 17 177 Stockholm | Nobels väg 9

martin.schaefer at ki.se<mailto:artin.arshamian at ki.se>

Karolinska Institutet – a Medical University

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.