[FieldTrip] Edge effect/artifact in time-frequency representation

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:02:41 CET 2020

Dear Carlota,

I would take a look at the time-course data, e.g. using ft_databrowser. If
there are eye movements/blink you should see them there.
If you don't have too many trials, you can also inspect individual trials
of the TFR to get a better sense of the consistency of the artefact, using
cfg.keeptrials = 'yes' and plotting them in a loop of some kind.
Lastly, since your artefact is at the end of the trial, and you have some
ideas of what might happen then, you might consider extending your trials
to get a better sense of the signal after your trial ends.
Because it is frontal, some muscle artefact might be present, again a good
reason to start looking at the timecourses, timelocked or raw, and maybe
remove artefacted trials or trial periods.

I hope this helps,
Stephen

Op ma 14 dec. 2020 om 21:33 schreef MUSTAFA YAVUZ <m.yavuz.18 at ogr.iu.edu.tr