[FieldTrip] Working with xdf files

Varghese Peter V.Peter at westernsydney.edu.au
Tue Aug 27 08:54:14 CEST 2019

Dear fieldtrip community,

I am working with EEG files in the xdf format recorded using the Lab Recorder program. I used the ‘xdf2fieldtrip function to import the data in the fieldtrip format. I got the output as follows:

stream 1 contains continuous LiveAmpSN-054208-0189 data
stream 2 contains non-continuous Presentation data

data =

  struct with fields:

      hdr: [1×1 struct]
    label: {32×1 cell}
     time: {[1×545430 double]}
    trial: {[32×545430 single]}

I want to use the Presentation stream (events) to epoch the data. Since ‘ft_definetrial’ require data in the original format and the xdf format is not supported in the ‘ft_preprocessing’, is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Varghese Peter