[FieldTrip] ICA on ERP data

Martin Rosenfelder martin.rosenfelder at uni-ulm.de
Thu Apr 11 12:13:25 CEST 2019

Dear Fieldtrip community,

I am analyzing ERP data in the time-frequency domain according to the
tutorial "Multivariate analysis of electrophysiological data", where I
am comparing two experimental conditions.
The artifact removal in the data is done using ft_componentanalysis. As
cfg.method for the ICA I have selected the default, which is 'runica'.
 From the tutorial mentioned above, I assume that this is the preferred
way to do the ICA on EEG data to detect ERPs in the time-frequency
range. Would you agree or is there another ICA method possibly fitting
the data better?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Martin Rosenfelder