[FieldTrip] Postdoc/PhD positions - Cognitive Neuroscience @ the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel

Ayelet Landau ayelet.landau at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:30:27 CEST 2016

*Post Doc and PhD positions at the Brain Attention and Time Lab, at the
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel*

Full-time post doc and PhD positions are available in the Brain Attention
and Time Lab of Dr. Ayelet N. Landau at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Initial appointment will be for one year with the option to renew annually
up to 4 years. Preferred starting date: January 2017

The lab’s core research areas include the guidance of attention and
temporal processing and their underlying neural mechanisms. As cognitive
neuroscientists we try to construe models of cognition and examine them
using both in perception and in physiology. The positions are part of two
externally funded projects focused on:

(1)    Fluctuations in attention and rhythmic attentional sampling.

(2)    Neural mechanisms of interval timing.

Both research programs examine the role of brain rhythms in cognition. In
the lab, we measure perception in different modalities (tactile, visual and
auditory) together with non-invasive physiology (MEG/EEG) and eye-tracking.
You can read about the research and the lab here.

We are seeking a highly qualified post doc with a doctorate in a relevant
field (e.g., Psychology, Neuroscience, and Cognitive Science) and shared
interests in the core research areas described above. The researcher,
ideally, should have extensive experience with EEG/MEG methodology and
neural oscillations measurement. Experience with other techniques - such as
fMRI, computational modeling, etc. - is also welcome but not required.

In addition, we are looking for strong candidates for a funded PhD
studentship. The Hebrew University offers several training opportunities in
different departments. The successful candidate will be competitive for one
of the flagship programs (psychology, cognitive science or neuroscience)
and will have demonstrated experience in research from their post-bac or BA
education (as research assistants or honors students). Knowledge of
programming is an advantage.

For both positions, a passion and a commitment to science, strong social
skills, trouble shooting skills and fast learning abilities are a
requirement.

Interested candidates should send a CV, a brief statement of research
interests, and the names and contact details of two academic references to
ayelet.landau at huji.ac.il preferably by December 1st. Applications will be
considered until the positions are filled.

I look forward to hearing from you!

--
Ayelet N. Landau, PhD

*Senior Lecturer*

*Department of Psychology & Department of Cognitive SciencesThe Hebrew
University of JerusalemJerusalem 91905Israel*