[FieldTrip] Statistical test of robustness of a graph measure based on reduced amount of nodes

Ta Dinh, Son son.ta.dinh at tum.de
Wed Oct 12 17:06:08 CEST 2016

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for the answer, but the question is exactly how to actually build a representative null distribution. As the calculation using all (64) electrodes is deterministic, it can’t really be used to create a distribution, it would just be a vector of 1000 x 1 exact same value.
The graph measure is called hub disruption index and was introduced here: Achard, S., et al. (2012). "Hubs of brain functional networks are radically reorganized in comatose patients." PNAS.
To put it in a nutshell, it compares a subject against a group of controls, thereby giving a single value for every subject (in comparison to the control group).

I hope this has cleared up the context a bit.

Best
Son

Son Ta Dinh, M.Sc.
PhD student in Human Pain Research