[FieldTrip] BrainProducts Easycap layout

Hwee Ling Lee hweeling.lee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 16:18:08 CET 2014

Dear all,

Thanks for the suggestions. For Jörn, I checked the
Fieldtrip/template/layout, but none of them fits my data. I tried the
suggestion from Herring, however, I keep getting an error message:
Error using ft_convert_units (line 121)
cannot determine geometrical units

Error in ft_datatype_sens (line 189)
      sens = ft_convert_units(sens);

Error in ft_read_sens (line 331)
sens = ft_datatype_sens(sens);

 I had my data in a text format previously, and it didn't work either. So
I'm not sure what to do!

I've attached my file in this email, the values are gotten from the pdf
info from Easycap regarding the theta/phi coordinates for each site.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Hweeling

On 22 January 2014 16:00, Herring, J.D. (Jim) <j.herring at fcdonders.ru.nl>wrote:

> Hi Hweeling,
>

> If you create a text-file that has three columns: Label, Theta, and Phi
> coordinate, you can use elec = ft_read_sens(filename) to read the layout
> into a fieldtrip useable elec structure.
>

> The first line of the text file has to be:
>

> Site Theta Phi
>

> You can also have a look at easycap-M1.txt and easycap-M10.txt in the
> fieldtrip/template/electrode folder for an example of how the text-file
> should look like.
>

> The theta and phi coordinates will be converted to 3d coordinates assuming
> a head-radius of 85mm (by default, you can specify this)
>

> Best,
>

> Jim

Dr. rer. nat. Lee, Hwee Ling
Postdoc
German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) Bonn

Email 1: hwee-ling.lee<at>dzne.de
Email 2: hweeling.lee<at>gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/hweelinglee/home

Correspondence Address:
Ernst-Robert-Curtius Strasse 12, 53117, Bonn, Germany