[FieldTrip] ft_statistics_montecarlo runs slow under ubuntu 13.10

berry van den berg berryv.dberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:45:30 CET 2014

Ok, I dove a bit deeper into the problem, using the matlab profiler I was
able to pinpoint the problem to ft_hastoolbox.m called by findcluster.m,
and specifically the functions fileparts and exist.... Copy pasting those
two functions to ft_statistics_montecarlo solves the issue for me for now.

The problem seems to be that matlab accessing my filesystem runs slow under
linux compared to windows.. I have no idea why and how to solve it but it
is not related to fieldtrip. If anyone has suggestions what this might be I
would be glad to hear them!

Cheers,

--
Berry van den Berg