[FieldTrip] regressconfound and timefrequency

Raghavan Gopalakrishnan gopalar.ccf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:14:56 CEST 2014

Arjen,

Thanks for all your previous help on using regressconfound.
It would be great if you can shed light on some questions I asked earlier
(See below).
Also, when applying regressconfound to time-frequency (TF) data,
regressconfound removes variance from TF from individual trials. So,
utimately regressconfound helps to improve the induced TF responses rather
than evoked responses. (By induced, I mean calculating TF on trial by trial
basis and then computing average, But evoked I mean calculating TF on
averaged data)
If one is interested in only evoked, then regressconfound would not be of
much help. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Raghavan