[FieldTrip] source statistics with ROI yields NaN clusters

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Thu Oct 17 12:32:36 CEST 2013

Hi Vitoria,

the change should be from September 24, when we had our last bug binge.
the xgrid, ygrid and zgrid variables should not matter - actually that
should be deleted from the tutorial. However, what I meant was not that
you build the grids in MNI space, but interpolate the grid with a 1cm
or0.8cm resolution to the full MNI template using ft_sourceinterpolate,
just like you would before plotting. But, I have no clue what has
changed in the code, so this is just a desperate idea :) I think it
would be wise to check with JM when he is back, as he is the
source-guru. Could you open up a new bug for this? Then it might be
easier for us (i.e. JM) to work on this.

Best,
Jörn

On 10/17/2013 10:30 AM, Vitória Piai wrote:

> [...]
> http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/create_single-subject_grids_in_individual_head_space_that_are_all_aligned_in_mni_space
> > Make the individual subjects' grid).
>
> Cheers, Vitoria
>
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:10:20 +0300
> > From: Roey <roeysc at gmail.com <mailto:roeysc at gmail.com>>
> > To: FieldTrip discussion list <fieldtrip at science.ru.nl
> <mailto:fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>>
> > Subject: Re: [FieldTrip] source statistics with ROI yields NaN
> > clusters
> >
> > Hi Vitoria and everyone else,
> >
> > I agree with J?rn (thank you!) , indeed it seems this is the same
> > problem. Hopefully I'll get back to it next week and maybe figure it
> > out. Right now it seems like the A side consists of all the
> > inside-voxels, whereas the B side consists of the different ROIs, and
> > hence the mismatch.
> >
> > A possible solution could be having the atlas we are using available
> > to that function, and translating the B side to the voxel space.
> >
> > By the way, are you using an MNI grid per subject?
> >
> > Best,
> > roey
> >

> > ?-16 ???? 2013, ???? 17:07, "J?rn M. Horschig"
> > <jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl <mailto:jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl>> ???/?:
> >
> > > Hi Vitoria,
> > >
> > > I guess that is the same error that Roey Schurr described a few days
> > > back. There were some changes recently in the atlas lookup function
> > > (we replaced one function and made another more general). Apparently
> > > that broke some things, or you two just happen to do this as the
> > > first ever ;)
> > > The only thing I can think of is that you might need to interpolate
> > > to the MNI template so that the dimensions are matched between the
> > > atlas and your source structures. Could you give that a try and let
> > > us know whether that helps?
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > J?rn

> > > --
> > > J?rn M. Horschig
> > > PhD Student
> > > Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
> > > Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
> > > Radboud University Nijmegen
> > > Neuronal Oscillations Group
> > > FieldTrip Development Team
> > >
> > > P.O. Box 9101
> > > NL-6500 HB Nijmegen
> > > The Netherlands
> > >
> > > Contact:
> > > E-Mail: jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl <mailto:jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl>
> > > Tel: +31-(0)24-36-68493
> > > Web: http://www.ru.nl/donders
> > >
> > > Visiting address:
> > > Trigon, room 2.30
> > > Kapittelweg 29
> > > NL-6525 EN Nijmegen
> > > The Netherlands
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> <http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/attachments/20131016/239e9cf4/attachment.html>

> > End of fieldtrip Digest, Vol 35, Issue 29

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student

E-Mail: jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Tel:    +31-(0)24-36-68493