[FieldTrip] Question on forward modeling

kgm at tf.uni-kiel.de kgm at tf.uni-kiel.de
Wed Oct 16 15:30:49 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to do forward modeling using individual MRI and MEG from
Neuromag306 system. I have three questions.

I have performed the following steps:

1. ft_read_mri
2. ft_volumerealign
3. ft_volumesegment
   Q1. At this point I want to check if the segmentation fits the MRI
correctly. So I used ft_sourceplot but I am getting the following
message with an empty plot:
the input is segmented volume data with dimensions [256 256 176]
scaling anatomy to [0 1]
no functional parameter
no masking parameter
the call to "ft_sourceplot" took 4 seconds

4. ft_prepare_headmodel, method: singleshell
5. ft_plot_sens and ft_plot_vol, after converting the units
   Q2. The plot shows that the sensors/electrodes are quiet far away from
the brain. Is there a means to do some projection to lower them a bit?
Or is the problem arising from the co-registration? I have attached the
figure.
   Q3. I have also used 'localspheres' method to prepare the head model.
The output of the plot (attached) gives me some rounded image which
does not look like a brain. Is there another function used to plot the
local spheres?

Looking forward for the response.

Best regards,

Ms.c. Kidist G.Mideksa