[FieldTrip] auditory evoked gamma

smoratti at psi.ucm.es smoratti at psi.ucm.es
Sat Mar 9 02:11:11 CET 2013

Dear Don,

I have done it using Brainstorm (sorry Fieldtrippers) as in Brainstorm minimum norm in the frequency domain is implemented. But as the minimum norm estimate (MNE) is applied to each time point I guess the following approach should easily work:

Estimate your gamma response with ft_frequanalysis and ask for the fourier components instead of power.
Create a data structure that you normally feed into the minimum norm algorithm with source analysis.
The data structure has two time points.
Copy the real and imaginary part into the two time points each.
Run the minimum norm estimate on that data structure (I guess you will have to estimate some noise covariance matrix from a baseline or so before).
Then, take the modulus of the minimum norm estimates across the two "time points" (that include the inverse real and imaginary part).

I have never tried it with field trip and the approach above is just an idea. I am happy of any feedback if it works or if there is a more elegant solution.
Sorry that I don't have a "fixed" solution. I will try it myself.

I hope I could help.

Best,

Stephan

Stephan Moratti, PhD

see also: http://web.me.com/smoratti/

Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Facultad de Psicología
Departamento de Psicología Básica I
Campus de Somosaguas
28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)
Spain

and

Center for Biomedical Technology
Laboratory for Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de la Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
Campus Montegancedo

email: smoratti at psi.ucm.es
Tel.:    +34 679219982