[FieldTrip] auditory evoked gamma

Peyman Adjamian Peyman.Adjamian at ihr.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 09:47:52 CET 2013

Dear Nenad,
>From my experience, auditory gamma activity is not a robust effect, certainly not as prevalent and robust as the visual gamma activity which is best induced by high contrast stimuli at certain spatial frequencies. So whether you observe auditory gamma activity or not very much depends on your type of stimulus. Can I ask what auditory stimuli you are using to induce gamma activity?

Assuming that auditory gamma activity exists at all, and given that you use the appropriate stimulus, you should see it with DICS or some other beamformer. To avoid correlated sources, you can analyse right and left channels separately perhaps.
I hope this helps.

Peyman

Dr Peyman Adjamian
Investigator Scientist