[FieldTrip] Polhemus Patriot

Elizabeth Anne Bock, Ms elizabeth.bock at mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 5 17:53:36 CEST 2013

Hi Julian,
We have experienced this problem as well.  We solved it using the following guidelines:

No metal near the polhemus or any of the receivers/transmitters - you will need to move the setup around the room to find the perfect spot.
Use a wooden or plastic chair
Use plastic or cloth glasses/holder to attach the receiver to the subject

My system is sensitive to the proximity of the transmitter and the receiver.  I use two receivers, #1 is the stylus and #2 is secured to plastic glasses that the subject wears.  The transmitter is taped to the back of the chair.  If #2 and the transmitter are too close to each other (i.e. a short person or child), then the measurement are inaccurate.  You would have to experiment with different distances that give good results.

Hope this helps!
Beth

Elizabeth Bock / MEG System Engineer

McConnell Brain Imaging Centre / Montreal Neurological Institute

McGill University / 3801 University St. / Montreal, QC H3A 2B4

Office: 514.398.3706

MEG Lab: 514.398.6056