[FieldTrip] Choose minimun time-width of clusters for cluster based permutations on freq_statistics

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jul 29 07:48:59 CEST 2013

Dear Constantino,

I'm pretty confused why you want to trick FieldTrip and put timelock
data into a frequency structure. You are aware that there is a
ft_timelockstatistics function that can cluster in time, aren't you?
Anyway, imho cfg.minnbchan defines how many neighbouring samples another
samples needs to have, and a timebin can have max. two neighbouring
samples, so it does not make much sense here (and I think it really
applies to channels only).

The error you describe is because FT wants to compute neighbouring
channels, because you did not set cfg.avgoverchan='yes'. If you do that,
it will run through smoothly without an error. However, the best way for
you would be to write your own statfun by making a copy of the statfun
of your choice and modifying stat.stat to be 1 if the clustersize is <
10. That way, you could achieve what you want.

Best,
Jörn

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student