[FieldTrip] Choose minimun time-width of clusters for cluster based permutations on freq_statistics

Constantino Méndez Bértolo constantino.mendezbertolo at ctb.upm.es
Fri Jul 26 20:55:36 CEST 2013

Using cfg.minnbchan = 1, 5 or 40 and cfg.neighbours = [] finds no cluster
(not even with minnbchan = 1) were there was a cluster before (without
cfg.minnbchan)

Using cfg.neighbours = 'triangulation', or 'distance', with or without
cfg.minnbchan computes the statistics but fails prior to compute the
clusters in the randomizations

This is the error (with neighbours) V V V

Error in clusterstat>makechanneighbstructmat (line 519)
[seld] = match_str(cfg.channel, cfg.neighbours(chan).label);

Error in clusterstat (line 59)
channeighbstructmat = makechanneighbstructmat(cfg);

Error in statistics_montecarlo (line 320)
[stat, cfg] = clusterstat(cfg, statrand, statobs,'issource',issource);

Error in ft_freqstatistics (line 267)
[stat, cfg] = statmethod(cfg, dat, cfg.design);

While it seems it is minnbchan what will be helpful, we do not come up with
an idea. Maybe, besides tricking fieldtrip to think we have frequency data
we should also trick him to believe that points in time are channels? :)

El 26 de julio de 2013 19:54, smoratti at psi.ucm.es <smoratti at psi.ucm.es>escribió:

> I think cfg.minnbchan, applies also to time bins.

> Stephan Moratti, PhD
>
> see also: http://web.me.com/smoratti/
>
> Universidad Complutense de Madrid
> Facultad de Psicología
> Departamento de Psicología Básica I
> Campus de Somosaguas
> 28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)
> Spain
>
> and
>
> Center for Biomedical Technology
> Laboratory for Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience
> Parque Científico y Tecnológico de la Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
> Campus Montegancedo
> 28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)
> Spain
>

> email: smoratti at psi.ucm.es
> Tel.:    +34 679219982
>
> El 26/07/2013, a las 18:46, Constantino Méndez Bértolo escribió:
>
> cfg.minnbchan,

Constantino Méndez-Bértolo
Laboratorio de Neurociencia Clínica, Centro de Tecnología Biomédica (CTB)

Parque Científico y Tecnológico de la UPM, Campus de Montegancedo

28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid, SPAIN