[FieldTrip] Question of implementing Fieldtrip

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:46:19 CEST 2012

Hi Jinghao,

You can use cfg.latency to limit the time period in which the test will
look for clusters (for example, if you expect a difference to show up in a
particular small time window and you are only interested in that
difference, and don't want to test earlier or later differences); the
tutorial has some more information. The choice of time window should be
made based on predictions you had before the experiment, not based on
inspection of the data. But like Roemer points out, it's not possible to
save "only clusters with psychological meaning", as the statistical test
doesn't know whether or not clusters have psychological meaning.

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
University of Kansas