[FieldTrip] Question of implementing Fieldtrip

Roemer van der Meij r.vandermeij at donders.ru.nl
Wed Sep 19 11:20:12 CEST 2012

Hi Jinghao,

I forwarded your question to the Fieldtrip mailing list. I don't entirely
understand what you mean only saving clusters with psychological meaning.
Given the parameters that you chose, you get a certain number of clusters,
all of which are significant as a whole. In analogy, this means that the
whole 'mountain range' is significant or not, not the 'individual peaks'.
You could of course focus on a few of those clusters in your report, as
long as you mention the other clusters. You could also try to set your
parameters a little more stringent (i.e. a lower cfg.clusteralpha), this
would 'reduce the number of peaks in your mountain range', as some peaks
would then fall below the threshold. Hopefully, your clusters with
'psychological meaning' would still show up, albeit a little
smaller/shorter.

Hope this helps,
Roemer

--