[FieldTrip] statfun_depsamplesregrT

Marcin m.leszczynski.m at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:22:23 CEST 2012

Dear Dr. Maris,

thanks for your reply.
If I get you right you say that whether I use the statfun_depsamplesregrT
or use/write statfun_depsamplesrankcorr depends on assumed (apriori)
relation between the predictor variable (experimental condition) and the
data. If I assume linearity (i.e. in the case of WM load:  ERP/TF(1) <
ERP/TF(2) < ERP/TF(3) < ERP/TF(4)) I might use the statfun_depsamplesregrT.
If I doubt linearity (i.e.WM load ERP/TF(1) < ERP/TF(2) <= ERP/TF(3) <
ERP/TF(4)) I should use the statfun_depsamplesrankcorr. Is this correct?

I am not sure if I underestood your point about reference distribution. Are
you saying that for the cluster-based permutation inference I need to
threshold on a reference distribution which might be either parametric or
non-parametric? If this is the case. What does it depend on whether I use
parametric or non parametric reference distribution?

Thank you again for your time and your help.

Best,
Marcin