[FieldTrip] Beamforming analysis in frequency band, concept problem

smoratti at psi.ucm.es smoratti at psi.ucm.es
Tue Mar 27 22:33:36 CEST 2012

Hi Mikel,

I think Jörn gave you already the answer. You need enough time points to accurately estimate the oscillations of a frequency. For example in wavelet analysis (morlet) people use at least 5 cycles.

Best,

Stephan

Stephan Moratti, PhD

see also: http://web.me.com/smoratti/

Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Facultad de Psicología
Departamento de Psicología Básica I
Campus de Somosaguas
28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)
Spain

and

Center for Biomedical Technology
Laboratory for Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de la Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
Campus Montegancedo

email: smoratti at psi.ucm.es
Tel.:    +34 679219982