[FieldTrip] 4d data reading (248 sensor MEG system)

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Mar 10 09:20:08 CET 2011

Hi Mehmet,

Please have a look at http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/getting_started/bti.

I would not recommend the .xyz/.m4d variant, but would directly read
from the raw data files. Support for .xyz/.m4d files (these files
contain relevant header information) is implemented in fieldtrip just
for backward compatibility. These need to be created from the raw data
(using the pdf2set command (see the software manual of the MEG-system
for reference)), but contain only limited header information (e.g. the
balancing coefficients are not extracted). To me this sounds like
double work, because FieldTrip can read the header information from
the raw files directly.

Good luck,

Jan-Mathijs

On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:36 AM, Mehmet-Akif Coskun wrote:

> Hello Dear Fieldtrip users,
>

>        I am a newbie in fieldtrip. I am having trouble reading the
> 4d data in fieldtrip. We are using a 248 sensor 4D MEG system. I
> have followed the discussion list and tried the suggestions but
> haven't succeeded reading the data. As far as i understand, i need
> some files (.xyz and .m4d) to be able to read the data but i don't
> also know how to obtain these files. Can anyone explain me the steps
> that i need to follow?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Mehmet

Dr. J.M. (Jan-Mathijs) Schoffelen