[FieldTrip] 2x3 anova in cluster analysis

Stanley Klein dualitystan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:17:04 CET 2011

Nico,

Your question gives me the chance to ask something I've been curious about.
It seems to me that one of the nifty things about permutation cluster
analysis is that it allows you to do anything that seems reasonable as long
you decide on the process ahead of time and don't do any future tweaking
other than fixing coding errors. I'm curious whether the Fieldtrip code
make it easy to insert new statistics modules.

I presume your actual question had to do with whether Fieldtrip already has
the possibility of doing that 2x3 ANOVA.  I suspect it doesn't have that
capability. However, it would be nice if the permutation cluster analysis
could be made sufficiently modular that one could make use of all the
complicated clustering and permuting and all, but enable the user to
substitute their own statistical method.  I haven't actually watched my
students doing the nitty-gritty use of Fieldtrip's version of the
permutation test (other than knowing that is is very nice and well
documented) so I don't know how easy it is to stick in one's own favorite
statistic, but I'm hoping it is easy.

Stan