problems making a template grid

a.stolk@fcdonders.ru.nl a.stolk at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Wed Apr 14 10:36:08 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

With recpect to your third question:

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/matlab_does_not_see_the_functions_in_the_private_directory

Regards,
Arjen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Wollbrink" <a.wollbrink at UNI-MUENSTER.DE>
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:21:10 AM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: [FIELDTRIP] problems making a template grid

Hi all,

I encountered some problems generating a template source grid as
described in the fieldtrip example matlab script 'Create MNI-aligned
grids in individual head-space':

1. in chapter 'Make the template_grid': Without defining a template
image in the cfg structure prior to use ft_volumesegment the default
setting cfg.template = '/home/common/matlab/spm2/templates/T1.mnc' is
used. Since this file might not exist in this specific folder on a
personal computer the function fails.
After defining cfg.template I succeed in using the function.
It might be helpful for others to add this comment to the example script.

2. My question at this point is: Should one use the individual template
'single_subj_T1.mnc' or the average template 'T1.mnc' to segment the
template brain and construct a volume conduction model?

3. Furtheron the function 'prepare_dipole_grid' could not be found. This
functions is placed in the private folder under fieldtrip. How can I
automatically add this folder to my matlab path?

Thanks,
Andreas

   Andreas Wollbrink, Biomedical Engineer

   Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis
   Muenster University Hospital

   Malmedyweg 15        phone:   +49-(0)251-83-52546
   D-48149 Muenster     fax:     +49-(0)251-83-56874
   Germany
                        e-Mail: a.wollbrink at uni-muenster.de