timelockstatistics for single-subjects

Erick Britis Ortiz Erick.Ortiz at MED.UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE
Fri Nov 21 15:23:11 CET 2008

Hello all,

I have a small problem in calculating statistics comparing two
conditions for one subject. When I have a grand average (created with
keepindividual), everything works nicely, but for one subject (with avg
created with keeptrials), I have to remove the field 'dof' from the avg
structure. The reason for that is that 'dof' has the dimensions of
channel x sample, and on line 673 of prepare_timefreq_data.m I get an
error for trying to reshape it in trials x sample.

Has anyone found it before or am I doing something wrong? The following
example code was supposed to work:

cfg = [];
cfg.keeptrials = 'yes';
avg1 = timelockanalysis(cfg, data1);
avg2 = timelockanalysis(cfg, data2);

cfg = [];
cfg.channel     = 'MEG';
cfg.method      = 'analytic';
cfg.statistic   = 'indepsamplesT';
cfg.alpha       = 0.05;
cfg.correctm    = 'no';
Ntrl1 = size(avg1.trial,1);
Ntrl2 = size(avg2.trial,1);
cfg.design(1,1:(Ntrl1+Ntrl2))  = [ones(1,Ntrl1) 2*ones(1,Ntrl2)];
cfg.ivar  = 1;
stat = timelockstatistics(cfg,avg1,avg2)

But only works when I use instead:

stat = timelockstatistics(cfg,rmfield(avg1,'dof'),rmfield(avg2,'dof'))

Any light on this?

Best,
Erick