simulation of a dataset with multiple dipoles

Florian Ph.S Fischmeister Florian.Fischmeister at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Fri Jul 29 15:33:17 CEST 2005

Litvak Vladimir <litvak at TECHUNIX.TECHNION.AC.IL> writes:

>> I already tried the Besa simulator. Using the dipolesimulator I can only
>> generate data with 150 timepoint. My problem is, that I want to
>> simulate slow cortical potentials having trials of 10 sec length and
>> more.
>

> But why don't you change the time axis? The important thing is the
> location of the dipoles and their relative timecourse. Then you can
> rescale the time axis and call that 'slow potentials'. The only
> problem with that is that if you want to add noise in the simulator
> the spectrum of the noise will be wrong. So you can add noise in
> Matlab later.
>
> Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir,

Using our approach works fine with static dipoles with
fixed moments. But simulating many datasets with different setting is
quite timeconsuming since I do want to run several simulations.

Thus the question is still how to simulate a multidipole dataset with fieldtrip,
maybe using a BEM headmodel.

Florian

Florian Ph.S Fischmeister 	eMail: Florian.Fischmeister at univie.ac.at
Brain Research Laboratory	University of Vienna
Faculty of Psychology		Liebiggasse 5
Tel: +43-(0)1-4277-478-37	A-1010 Vienna, Austria
Fax: +43-(0)1-4277-479-39       AT43:+43-(0)59966-4-47837