[clean-list] Assertion failed in backend library if Start w = Start w

John van Groningen johnvg at cs.ru.nl
Wed Nov 19 11:43:52 MET 2008

Vag wrote:

>Is this behaviour intended or not?

>module be
>
>Start w = Start w
>
>---------------------------
>AssertionFailed
>---------------------------
>Error in backend: File backend.c, Line 2502 (!(icl->beicl_module->im_start == NULL))
>Debug ?

I do not get this error when I compile this module. The assert should fail if
the backend encounters more than one Start function in the same module.
The current backend detects the Start function by looking at the name. Maybe
this can cause a problem if a local function with that name is used as well.

A seperate function had already been added to the backend to mark the Start
function in a more reliable way. So if there is a problem with the current
backend, it will eventually disappear when the old code is removed.

Kind regards,

John van Groningen