[clean-list] Re: Any scheduled release data for Clean 2.3?

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue Nov 11 00:48:28 MET 2008

On 7 Nov 2008, at 8:04 pm, <jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr> wrote:
> What about Java and C++? Not so interactive, and still quite popular.

Perhaps you haven't heard about BlueJ?

http://www.bluej.org/about/what.html

As far as the educational advantages of a REPL go,
BlueJ means that Java _is_ interative.

Could I mention another problem with Clean?
The Haskell manual has gone through several editions,
but each version has been complete, and well proof-read.
The latest Clean documentation I have is missing a
couple of chapters, and the sort-of-English is on
occasion quite jarring.  (Not that my Dutch extends
any further than "Denk U"...)