[clean-list] Rebranding Clean

alex maskif at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 4 13:02:54 MET 2008

I am finally going to pickup Clean. From what I have
read it seems pretty cool.

I have to wonder though why it is relatively obscure
compared to the other FPLs, especially considering its
(apparent) strengths.

I can guess I am not the only one that has noticed
that the difference is cultural. In addition to the
lack of third-party documentation, information on
Clean is almost impossible to search for.

For instance, "Haskell XML" puts me in the ballpark,
while "Clean 'programming language' XML" gives me
nothing useful. It will be hard to build any kind of
(global) community while this is the case.

Are there any plans to rebrand Clean to be more search
friendly?

Cheers, Alex

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail