[clean-list] Clean on Java VM

lethevert acatofearlgrey at ybb.ne.jp
Wed Jul 19 01:59:52 MEST 2006

Hello Arjen,

Current CleanJ implementation is very inefficient especially on handling
stacks because CleanJ is on a very early stage and efficiency is not main
concern.
Difference between boxed values and basic values, however, are already
taken care in some ways.

All functions are invoked with CleanVM object as an argument which holds
a-stack for boxed values and int-stack, double-stack, boolean-stack as
b-stack for unboxed values, because of the current implementation of
tail recursive code.

I think arguments passing with Java stack on strict function call is
quite possible and will implement it in the future.

Thanks,
	lethevert