[clean-list] error message when compiling: short path ???

Spitsbroeders info@spitsbroeders.nl
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:49:25 +0100

Hello,

I am not sure if Clean's Foreign Function Interface *IS* documented,
the source may be the only reference.

There has been some interest in OpenGL support for Clean, but no one
has had the time to implement it yet -- and probably won't any time
soon either.

As Adrian mentioned, there is OpenGL support for Haskell. Clean is
heavily based on Haskell, so you can easily switch to Clean if Clean
ever gets OpenGL support. I would recommend the ghc compiler for use
with HOpenGl (http://www.haskell.org/ghc). If you looked closely at
the bottom of the HOpenGL page, you will notice that HOpenGL was
written for the purpose of making 3D shoot-em-up video games.

I have a little experience teaching novice programmers and have found
Haskell to be easier to teach than C. It's easier to explain things
like lists and recursion, than pointers and memory management.

The haskell community is larger and more active than Clean. When a new
version of ghc comes it, it is typically available for all supported
platforms in less than a week. Both of these will make your life
easier.

On the other hand, if you have the time to add OpenGL support to
Clean, then go for it! Clean is a bit more advanced than Haskell, and
generates faster code.

Jeremy Shaw.