[clean-list] error message when compiling: short path ???

Diederik van Arkel dvanarkel@mac.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:44:37 +0100

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 09:49 PM, Spitsbroeders wrote:

> Hi all,
> I read about Clean in C'T, I became very interested because of the
> very uncommon structure of this language. I installed the software and
> tried some first steps, but I didn't even manage to compile the
> "life-game" in the exaples section. I was confronted with the error
> that a "short path" to the compiler was not found. My system is Win
> 2k. I am only a programming newbie and I guess I have to try some
> more, but I figure someone else's been going through this before and
> might gimme a hint.
> Thanks i.a.
> Joost

Hi Joost,

there are two possible causes I can think of offhand:
1) You navigated to the example project via the network name of your PC
	e.g. //Joost's PC/Clean/Examples/...
	The CleanIde currently has problems with this although I think this
doesn't
	show itself until the code generation stage.
2) The environment settings got corrupted. If you didn't modify your
setup from
	the distribution then if you look in Environments:Current Environment
then
	you should see under the heading compiler:Tools/Clean System
2.0.2/Clean Compiler 2.0.2
	and you should have a Clean Compiler 2.0.2.exe in the
Clean/Tools/Clean System 2.0.2/
	directory.

If this doesn't help please mail me some further details of how you
have setup your
installation and we'll try to sort this out.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel
<diederik@cs.kun.nl>