[clean-list] new moderation policy

Marko van Eekelen marko@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:43:11 +0100

Dear readers of the Clean-mailing list,

I should not have posted my moderation mail a few weeks ago. I have apologized personally to whom it concerned. As a beginning moderator I am learning fast. To show you my progress I have expressed the moderation policy that we will be using from now on.

Rejection:

- without any notice all regular spam will be rejected.
- messages that are off-topic or that contain foul language or personal attacks will be rejected with an explanatory notice to the sender only
- all messages about conferences and vacancies not concerning Clean wil be rejected with the following standard message to the sender only:
-------------
We are sorry to inform you that your message to the Clean mailing list has been rejected. It is our policy to allow only conference and vacancy announcements that explicitly refer to the programming language Clean.
-------------

When the moderators think they should interfere with ongoing discussions (this can occur as a reaction on a request of a reader or as an independent action of the moderators themselves), they will contact the sender(s) separately and explain how they feel.
The moderators will NOT sent messages concerning the topic to the mailing-list.

Finally, just to remind you:
        clean@cs.kun.nl is a mail-address
        ·       for general questions concerning Clean
        ·       for technical questions about installation, availability, etc.
        ·       for remarks and suggestions concerning the www-pages
        clean-bugs@cs.kun.nl is a mail-address
        ·       for reporting bugs you have found in the Clean System or one of the supported Clean programs.
        clean-list-admin@cs.kun.nl is the mail-address of the moderator
        ·       for addressing the moderator directly.

We hope this explains our policy and we hope that you will all contribute again your messages without being afraid of the moderators.

Best regards,

On behalf of the moderators,

Marko van Eekelen.