[clean-list] Batch Jobs for the Clean IDE ?

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:03:04 +0200

[Fabien also replied privately, probably intending the list?]

From: "Fabien Todescato" <f.todescato@larisys.fr>

> Dear Diederik,
>
> Yes, you're absolutely right about the speed of the Clean compiler :-) I
> guess that building even pretty huge projects is a matter of a few
minutes.
> Just for fun I completely rebuilt this morning the LifeGame ObjectIO
> example, including the ObjectIO library, in less than 40s on a PentiumII
> 450Mhz 256Mb machine...
>
> My problem was rather to have an automatic rebuilding and launching of the
> very many unitary tests of a reasonably large project, so as to track
> possible regressions on a daily basis :-)
>
> You are saying that including a batch compilation tool in the IDE should
be
> fairly easy, provided one has the sources. Now, could you please explain
me
> the procedure to get the sources of the IDE ?
>
> Best regards.
>
> PS.I mean the 2.0 IDE written in Clean, that's the one I use.

As I just replied to Sven Eric I will try to create a batch build tool in
the next
few days. Your suggestions are also welcome.
    With regards to the ide sources, they are available upon request (to
me),
but are currently not fit for general release. I.e. fairly unreadable,
undocumented,
and still subject to change while I work on the Macintosh version. I am
planning
to release the sources over the course of the next year in a few portions,
probably
starting with the custom control extensions, followed by the editor
portion...
    Mac users can live in hope as the Macintosh port of the Object I/O and
CleanIDE is still progressing well if slower than intended.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel