[clean-list] Batch Jobs for the Clean IDE ?

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:53:34 +0200

[Sven Eric replied privately, I'm assuming he meant to reply to the list]

> We are also looking for a command line build for Clean projects.
> The problem is that during a night compile process the clean project
> is just one of many parts. This night compile project expects some batch
> way to build all of its parts.
>
> something like the clm command on Linux would be great for the windows
> platform (and quite urgently needed in our environment.)
>
> I have a somewhat related quetsion:
> How can one build command line tools with Clean. The programs
> always print out a number and expect someone to press <RETURN> in
> order to terminate.
>
> Sven Eric

Dear Sven Eric,

1) I will have a look if I can hack together a batch compile tool for our
night-
time power users... hopefully before the weekend, otherwise next week. Maybe
you can tell me the kind of features you require.

2) Setting the Console to 'No Console' in the project options should fix
this. To
read the commandline arguments you should use the ArgEnv library available
from the Clean website.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel