[clean-list] Batch Jobs for the Clean IDE ?

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:49:31 +0200

From: "Fabien Todescato" <f.todescato@larisys.fr>

> Does anyone know if it is possible to have the Clean IDE make one or
several
> projects in automatic batch mode, for example by providing project file
> names on the command-line ?
>
> This would be very handy for having huge Clean projects being
automatically
> rebuilt during the night on compilation server...

Assuming that you are referring to the Windows platform and the new Clean
IDE
then the answer is no, this is currently not possible. If you have a real
need then
it should be possible to create a batch build tool fairly quickly using the
existing
ide sources... I must say that I am surprised that you feel the need for
such a
tool. On my PC a full build of the ide (one of the larger Clean programs I
know of)
takes less than five minutes and this isn't even a particularly fast
machine.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel