getting started

Martin Wierich martinw@cs.kun.nl
Tue, 16 May 2000 11:15:48 +0200

Hi all

Graham Telfer wrote:

> I get two error messages:
>  Warning: Unable to set up directory cach ( file path) and

I dived into the source code of the CleanIDE and found out that the CleanIDE has problems if
some "Clean System Files" sub directories do not exist. If you want to get rid of this warning,
then somehow create such a sub directory, e.g. by compiling (not bringing-up-to-date) your
module. But I don't know whether this warning has fatal consequences or not (the author of the
CleanIDE is on vacation).

> Error Unable to get short path name (file path) ending in tools\cocl.exe

In the Clean 1.3.2 distribution the compiler (cocl.exe) is located in the same directory as the
(old) CleanIDE. With the new (2.0) CleanIDE you can set a path to the cocl.exe file. By default
this is the "tools" sub directory of the folder with the CleanIDE. Does this folder exist and
does it contain the cocl.exe ?

You can set these parameters in the Environment/Edit_Current/Tools dialog of the new CleanIDE

Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:

> The new IDE simply doesn't want to compile, doesn't want to
> launch the application, nothing.

> I used the old IDE which works as it always did.

This is of course always a solution.

> So, are there just two of us with those IDE problems, or some
> other people will wake-up now as well?

No. I also experienced that the new CleanIDE refuses to compile somtimes.

> Mmmmmmm.....
> Dear gurus: you don't want to share with the /academic/ users the
> sources of the IDE, do you...?

The plan was to make the CleanIDE open source.

greetings
  Martin Wierich
  University of Nijmegen