Graphics in clean

Erik Zuurbier erik.zuurbier@klm.nl
Wed, 13 May 1998 14:24:17 +0200

Koen,

The Clean homepage (www.cs.nl/~clean) has a latest news section. An item =
of November 3, 1997 announces The first release of the new Object I/O =
library. If you open that, you will find a paragraph titled "What's =
Coming".

To be expected soon are among others "Bitmaps handling". This implies =
that the Clean team are not happy with what Clean can do in that area =
and that they are working on it. The reasonable speed you want is =
waiting for the Clean team to complete this work. In the mean time you =
can write lots of other exciting programs in Clean.

Regards Erik Zuurbier

----------
From:  Koen De Turck[SMTP:eric.de.turck@skynet.be]
Sent:  13 May 1998 13:45
To:  clean-list@cs.kun.nl
Subject:  Graphics in clean

  Dear Clean folks,
First of all, I want to say to Ana that BELGIAN beer is the best in the
world, I think=20
of Leffe, Kriek and so on, no one argue this
But I have also a question: How have I to put GIF, BMP pictures in my
applications, you can of course read it as an array, and then put it =
pixel
per pixel on the screen, but this would be very slow. (there is no =
function
for putting a whole region on the screen, as in other GUI libs).
So I ask if anyone could help me to put images on the screen at a
reasonable speed. Is it hard to write a system module that makes use of
winAPI library ?
	Koen,