IOState

Adrian Hey ahey@iee.org
Fri, 01 May 1998 14:36:24 +0100 (BST)

On Wed 29 Apr, Paulo Alfredo Mainieri Junior wrote:
> Somebody Help me:
>
> I'm getting some troubles to understand IOState struture. Witch
> paper would you recomend me to read to understand it? I was a pascal
> programmer and it's been very hard to evaluate to Clean.

Have you tried reading Chapter 10 of the 'Clean Language
Report V1.2' and the Standrd Library Documentation in Appendix B?
If not, this is probably a good place to start.

Alternatively, Chapter 5 of the book 'Functional Programming in Clean'
describes IO, and is more like a tutorial for novices.

You can get both these documents from the Clean web site.

Also, if you want wade through academic stuff, page 152 of the
language report lists papers written about Clean IO. You can
probably get some of these from the Clean web site (but I've
never tried).

Unfortunately, these both describe the old Version 0.8 library.
I don't think there is any documentation available yet for the
Object IO library, so I've decided to keep using Version 0.8.
I think you should do the same if all you're doing is evaluating
Clean.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey